Wednesday, September 5, 2018

SimShaker - Wheels beta version 2.40 published, featuring F1 2018 support



Hi guys,
last week I concerned myself with F1 2018 telemetry, trying to provide better effects for this game. Finally I decided to use its "Legacy" (i.e. 2017-wise) telemetry format, at least yet, since with format "2018" I've encountered some strange drop-outs in acceleration related data. Therefore, if you want to use SimShaker - Wheels v 2.40 with F1 2018 game, please, set Format in game UDP telemetry settings to Legacy, but not 2018. Port should stay 20777, IP address in most cases should be 127.0.0.1.

In this version I've tried to make SimShaker - Wheels to be friendly for sharing UDP port 20777 with other F1 2018 applications, but success or fail depends on the other applications behaviour as well.

Currently are available 8 effects for F1 2018:

  • Engine Beat;
  • Gear Shift;
  • Damage (wings and exhaust)*;
  • Road Bums / Surface (based on suspension velocity data);
  • Acceleration / Deceleration Longitudinal;
  • Acceleration Lateral.

* - I've decided to  omit damage data for engine, gear box and tyres since the way they are provided by the game currently doesn't let me to provide a good effect.

Other improvements: added 4 Tires Wear effect forced stop when simulation is finished where this effect is provided.

Let's give it a shot and happy racing!